Current Unity Version
The current Unity version used by VRChat is 2022.3.6f1.
Unity 2022.3.6f1 includes many improvements such as faster iteration times, improved asset import times, much faster platform switching times, better editor stability, fully featured C# 8 support, a quick search feature, and much more!
Unity 2022 is required to use the latest version of the VRChat SDK, and we strongly recommend upgrading if you are still on Unity 2019. Without upgrading, you can't access any future SDK updates, and some previously made content might experience issues.
For instructions on how to upgrade, visit our Unity 2019 to 2022 documentation.
- The first time you open a Scene and select a GameObject inside a prefab with a U# Behaviour, the GUI for the component directly below that U# Behaviour will not show its GUI. Deselecting and re-selecting the prefab fixes this.
- Buffer Particles don't work as they did in Unity 2019, there is a workaround to fix them from community member hfcRed here.
- The Editor may crash when updating a shader graph reference by another shader using UsePass. This is an issue with Unity 2022.3.6f1 and is fixed in 2022.3.14f1.
- Unity 2022 sometimes causes Rider's debugger to stop for unhandled exceptions in Unity's IMGUI.
- Spatialized Audio Sources can create warnings when entering playmode or adjusting their settings.